Monday, May 18, 2015

Last Day in Olomouc

I can't believe that the end is almost here.  I have learned so much over the past couple of months, not just about the Czech Republic, but the world as whole and even more importantly about myself.  These last eleven weeks have without a doubt been some of the most important weeks of my life.  I really wish that everyone could be as lucky/blessed as me and be able to experience something like this in their lifetime.  I can honestly say that I have learned more in the last eleven weeks than I have in years.
Traveling to new places so often and experiencing new things has without a doubt helped me to grow into a more educated, cultural, and all around person since I have arrived in Europe.  I wish that I could keep doing this forever; although I really am starting to miss family and friends from back home.  This trip has taught me a lot about myself and what I want to do with my future.  I really hope to come back over here soon, even if it’s just for a couple of weeks just to be able to relive some of my favorite memories and to be able to experience some of the places that I haven’t been able to travel to yet. 
It’s really weird that tomorrow morning I will have to be saying goodbye to the city that I have been calling home.  It feels like just yesterday I was getting off the bus here being checked into my room, and now tomorrow I already have to check out.  I will definitely miss this quiet, interesting, and fun little city that I have been fortunate enough to call home for the last couple of months.  I will still be in Europe for the next 13 days, but I will be traveling the Bohemia region of the Czech Republic for the next 5 days and then traveling to Croatia and soaking up some sun before heading back home to the States.  It is just so weird to me that I am already having to say goodbye to my city of Olomouc!



No comments:

Post a Comment